Friday I had my third party inspection. Overall the inspector was very excited about what Ryan home had done.
Here are the changes he suggested:
1. Gaps noted in the brick siding between the garage and front porch. Gaps need to be sealed.
Gap noted between shingles and vinyl siding at the left side bay window needs to be sealed.
2. Window screen missing for the side den window. Window screen needs to be replaced.
3. Recommend sealing gap over the front entry door.
Front entry door is loose in frame when closed. Recommend adjusting catch plate to allow for proper closure of the front door.
4. Recommend placing smoke detectors on the same circuit so they all sound when one is set off.
5. Missing switch cover plate for the attic light needs to be replaced.
6. Insulation on lineset to furnace in attic needs to extend to wall of unit and be sealed. Standing water noted in the drain pan.
Heating - Fireplace
7. Gas logs were not operating at time of inspection. Gas logs need to be repaired. PM says the lines needed to be bled, they are now working.
8. Hinges are loose on the swivel kitchen cabinet door beside the stove. Hinges need to be tightened.
9. Damaged drywall noted in the water heater closet needs to be repaired.
10. Window springs are loose and noisy in the rear dining room window. Window needs to be repaired.
11. Dishwasher should have a wall switch for use as a disconnect. - PM says the dishwasher is not hardwired and is plugged in the back. So the switch is not required. I'm waiting for the inspector to confirm.